Personal information is information or an opinion relating to an individual that can be used to identify that individual.
Personal Information – Collection
A range of personal information may be collected, including the name, address, date of birth, gender, contact details (including email, address and phone number) of our current and potential clients, customers, contractors, suppliers and other people who interact with ICorp Security.
We may collect your personal information as part of our normal business operations and to meet our legal obligations. Personal information will usually be collected directly from you but at times may be collected from a publicly available source or a third party.
We may collect information relating to visitor’s online interactions with us.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Personal Information – Use and Disclosure
We may use personal information:
- To respond to queries or requests submitted by you.
- To process orders or applications submitted by you.
- To administer or otherwise carry out our obligations in relation to any agreement you have with us.
- To anticipate and resolve problems with any services supplied to you.
- As we are required or authorised to by law.
- To improve your experience on our website.
- To help us measure the effectiveness of our website.
- To improve our services.
We may disclose personal information:
- To third parties, such as members and employees of the ICorp Security and external service providers, including our business partners, advisors, contractors and suppliers.
- Where required or authorised by law.
- Where you authorise us to disclose the personal information.
- We may use and disclose your personal information outside Australia.
- Where we engage third-party external service providers and suppliers we will take reasonable steps to ensure that they comply with the Australian Privacy Principles and the Privacy Act 1988, but we do not accept responsibility for the misuse of personal information by those third parties.
Personal Information – Storage and Security
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
We will take reasonable steps to keep personal information secure from unauthorised: use, loss, access, modification and disclosure. We require our employees and contractors to protect the privacy of personal information.
Personal Information – Visitor’s Rights to Data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
How to Contact Us
Please contact ICorp Security by email at email@example.com or on 1300 84 84 50 if you have any questions about this privacy notice, or the information we hold about you, or if you would like to report any issues with our website.